Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Catholic Tag

+JMJ+


I found this tag on Sarah's blog. You can read about it Here. I really liked the idea, after all it's Catholic. :D I decided to do it.

What is your rite?

Extraordinary form. Traditional Roman Catholic since a baby.



Cradle/Convert/Revert?
Cradle Catholic.



Year You Were Baptized?
1998


Year You Received Your First Communion?
2005

Confirmation Saint?
St. Philomena. I actually got attached to her through a coloring book. :D I don't think they sell
that coloring any more, but it was my favorite. :)

Name of Current Parish?
St. Norbert's Parish. A diocesan Parish.

Parish Groups You Belong To?
Um- CCW? Does that count? I teach Religious Education to preschoolers, does that count? I'm also in the Young Ladies' and Adult choirs at my church? We don't really have any groups there.

Prayers You Say Every Day?
The Morning Offering, Spiritual Communion, Hail Mary's for my parents, future spouse, my
Confirmation "God daughter" Holy Death, Vocation, Purity, and a few more that are escaping my
mind at the moment. Guardian Angel prayer, Rosary, St. Michael prayer, the Angelus and the St.
Gertrude prayer for the dead.

Religious Items You Travel With?
My rosary and veil for Mass. My missal is usually in my work bag so a good portion of the time
I have that with me. I have a little crucifix in my car too. That's probably it, unless you count my
scapular and Marian medal. I also keep a bottle of Holy Water in my car.


Do You Go To Adoration?
Yes. My family goes at least once a week. I usually go unless I'm sick which I was this week.

Last Time You Went To Confession?
A week ago from Last Thursday. I try to go once a week.

Color of Your Favorite Rosary?
Light blue with my name on the beads of the third decade. Someone made it for me.

Convert That Helped Your Faith?
I don't really know any converts. Most people I know have always been Catholics, or I if they
weren't, I didn't know.

Cradle Catholic That Helped Your Faith?
My parents!

Weirdest Thing About Being Catholic?
Hmm... no idea. I've always been Catholic, everything seems normal to me. But I'm pretty weird.

Best Thing About Being Catholic?
The Faith! The Kindred Spirits! The Latin Mass! The Everything!

Your Patron Saints?
St. Bernadette, Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Philomena. I also claimed any St. Emily's as mine
 too. :D

Favorite Saint?
St. Bernadette, St. Philomena, Our Lady. Martyrs. I love Martyrs.

Favorite Parable?
Hmm... the one about the Prodigal Son or the Lost sheep.

Favorite Psalm?

Well, I don't remember the numbers of any of them. The only one that comes to mind at the 
moment is "The Lord is My Shepherd."


Favorite Religious Order?

Ooo.... The Sister Adorers of the Institute of Christ the King.
I didn't get a very good picture of them and they don't have their blue capes on in this picture.

Favorite Catholic Singer/Band?
Well... I don't listen to singers and bands much since I prefer movie soundtracks. :D
I do like Clamavi de Profundis
He does a lot of Hobbit/LOTR songs which puts him high up on my score. :D I'm not sure if he
 counts because I don't know for sure if he's Catholic. But judging by the fact that his online name
 is Clamavi de Profundis and he does some Latin songs, I just guessed. If not Andrea Bochelli.
Is he Catholic? Sorry, I don't really know my singers.

Favorite Spiritual Author?
At the moment I would have to say Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich. I'm reading "The Life of
Jesus Christ" from her visions. I think someone else wrote them down for her though.

Or St. Alphonsus Liguori. I really liked his "Glories of Mary."

Favorite Prayer?

The Rosary!


Favorite Marian Devotion?

The Rosary! The Memorare


Favorite Pope?
St. Peter because he was the first Pope. 

Favorite Biblical Character?
Mary or obviously Jesus. Or the Macabees. Maybe the Sons of Thunder. Okay, can anyone tell I
never gave this any thought before? :D I always liked Daniel and the three men in the furnace.

Favorite Catholic Movie?
The Reluctant Saint. Definitely my favorite.

Favorite Catholic Song?
Hmmm... The list goes on, and on. I've liked every Ave Maria I've ever sang although my
brother claims they are all too, but hey, I like sad music and am not a fan of "happy" music. :D

Favorite Encyclical?
I read one, but don't remember which one if was. Humane Vite? I don't think I can answer
this question.

Favorite Marian Hymn?

Ave Maria Roc



Favorite Book Written By A Saint?

The Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Favorite Catholic Meme?
Well, to be Honest I don't look at much memes.

Favorite Liturgical Season?
Advent. It's Preparation  for Christmas!

Favorite Feast Day?
Christmas or Easter.

Favorite Part of Mass?

Consecration!


Favorite Sacred Hymn?


Favorite Gospel?


Favorite Martyr?
St. Philomena.

Favorite (approved) Title of Our Lady?
Our Lady of Lourdes or Our Lady of Good Help

Favorite Bible Translation?
The Douay Rheims the only one I use, unless it's a picture Bible.

Religious Life of Married?
Whichever God tells me to do. :D

Homeschooling or Catholic School?
Homeschooling! Thank you so much Mom and Dad!

G.K. Chesterton or C.S. Lewis?
Lewis, because Narnia. But Lately I've started reading "The Ball and the Cross" I might
start liking Chesterton better.

St. Paul or St. Peter?
St. Peter!

St. Thomas Aquinas or St. Augustine?
St. Augustine, I've read more of his books. Which reminds me, I should start reading Aquinas.


God Bless You All

7 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to do this tag for a while, since I saw it on Sarah's blog. I loved learning more about you, Charlotte :)

    Clamavi de Profundis is a actually a family of singers, and yes, they are Catholic!

    I love Anne Catherine Emmerich as well. The book about her visions about the Blessed Virgin is also really good, if you haven't read it :)

    Awesome post!

    Catherine <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Thank you Catherine. :)
      That makes it even better. Catholic Family Singers that sing Latin and LoTR songs. They sound like kindred spirits. :D
      I haven't read her book about the visions of the Blessed Virgin, yet. But I have heard about it. I still need to get through three volumes of the Life of Christ and read the Glories of the Martyrs and Introduction to the Devout Life, which were all on my list. :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Frannie. I've been looking at your blog too. I like it. :)

      Delete
    2. oh thanks so much! I've been having fun trying out blogging :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Charlotte! These were great answers! Is that your adoration chapel? Its beautiful! I love The Reluctant Saint movie as well. My family and I just watched it for his feast day. Thanks for answering. God bless you and keep you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I have been to that adoration chapel. Some of my family does adoration there and I work at the school next to it. But I usually do adoration at my Church when they have it there. The Parishes are connected though. My family watched the Reluctant Saint for his Feast day too, but I was working, so I missed it. :(
      God Bless you too.

      Delete

Please leave your swords and bows at the door, then come in and talk. All are welcome, except of course for the servants of Sauron. They will be asked to leave under pain of death.