Friday, October 26, 2018

Catch up post

+JMJ+

It's been a very long time since I've posted on here. 😀 But I finally figured out how to get the pictures off my phone and onto my computer. So I decided to do a quick catch up post.

My youngest brother, Kili, has joined the ranks of Marshal Artists in my family. He has just gained his second belt. This happened in August, I think.

Having a phone is dangerous when you have a sibling passenger in your car. You might just end up with a monstrosity like this. *Shudder*

We've been having some odd weather. For awhile all it did was rain. Lots of flooding. Then it started switching back and forth between hot and cold days.

A terrible picture of me.

WE started watching "Lord of the Rings" extended editions with the Frog Hunter/Sam's Girlfriend. You have to watch the extended editions. Theatrical editions are nothing. :D

Rosie reading one of my books.

My dad's "pet" chicken is still wandering around by our "garage" door. (It's not a garage any more) :D

I've decided I prefer long sleeves to short sleeves. Not that I have anything against short sleeves. I just prefer long ones. Unfortunately I have long arms so my sleeves are usually at least an inch short.

Once more we have succeeded in growing a garden of "beautiful" weeds.


A group from my Church got together for some food. We teamed up to buy $3 worth of food each from Piggly Wiggly.

Then we went to a Park to eat it.

All the food.

My plate.
 


If one is getting their picture taken, they must make a face. :D



Since no one had brought knives the handle of a fork was used for the bright pink frosting.


I tested for my third belt.

Oh the torture of push ups.

Rosie was my fitness test partner.


My dad was my mom's partner.


Well I passed anyway.

At the end of the test before they let you put on your new belt you have to hold this stance for a long time. If it doesn't like hard, try it.




We had a couple of family parties.

Sam and Frodo's girlfriends.

I went to the cow chip throw so my sister Poppy could pick out a birthday present at the craft fair. We staid for the parade.

A family from our Church was in the parade. The little boy in the truck is one of their kids.

Here are some more of their kids.


Whoo-hoo!

There was a float for the school I work at.

My mom said we should get one of these with chairs on it and ride around on it.

Family sized grocery cart. :D

Old Fashioned bicycle.

Old Fashioned car.



Our adult choir sang for a wedding. Rosie went early with my dad and the three of us who were singing.


Nieces and nephews of the bride were playing brass.

 
The groom and best man waiting

The wedding procession.







Galadriel photo bombing a picture of Frodo and his girlfriend. :D

Wedding reception

There was a dance after the dinner.

The day after the wedding we had a High Mass with our Young Ladies choir, then we drove up to the Capitol to sing for a Rosary Rally.


It was rainy

hence the umbrellas.




We learned that it is hard to juggle an umbrella and music at the same time.

The house I was working at was in a tornado watch area. I made it home safe though.

It snow hard but nothing stuck luckily.

And that's all for now.

God Bless You All,

4 comments:

  1. Your missal cover is so pretty!! (in Pic #49)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frannie. Unfortunately it's starting to get worn around the edges and they are no longer being made. :(

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on passing for your third belt! Wow, snow already! To this southern girl that seems most unnatural. :D It was 73 degrees here today.

    ~Gianna
    starlitsea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Well this particular Northern state that I live in, the temperature likes to drop and rise at random. It wasn't particularly cold that day. But I don't think 30 degrees is to cold. :D

      Delete

Please leave your swords and bows at the door, then come in and talk. All are welcome, except of course for the servants of Sauron. They will be asked to leave under pain of death.