Monday, July 9, 2018

4th of July Party

+JMJ+

Back on the 4th most of my family went and spent the day with some really great friends at their house and we had great 4th of July party.

So I should remember, if I'm taking a picture of someone, I don't want the bright sunny window behind them.

Some of us even put on Patriotic shirts.

There was a delicious Patriotic cake

 Another black picture.


Setting up for this awesome game called Kubb. (Pronounced koob)



They have really awesome place. That little shack is their chicken house. Much prettier then the one at my house.

The enemy team in Kubb.


Shade break.



 Food Break.

Tasty brats.


Setting up horseshoes.

I went inside to really get cooled off, while the others slow baked out side.

Food Line

 Ta da it's 4th of July!



My sister the The Grouchy Photographer
She can take some really good pictures.


I missed getting the picture, but these two ladies were perfectly line up with their cameras snapping away.

Meanwhile the Horseshoe game is still going on.

Water break.

The ultimate boys against girls Kubb game.

Pippin pitches!

Bilbo pitches!

WS pitches!
The girls team were the champions, although the boys did win us two out of three. We would have won every time if we hadn't accidentally bumped our poor king over twice, so forfeiting the game to the boys.

The newest baby at our Church

 Isn't she adorable?

I got to hold her first that day. :D


 Poppy holding the new baby's big brother.

 Frodo goofing off.

He was really trying to photo bomb my pictures.



Now Rosie is trying to photo bomb my pictures.


Galadriel

Enjoying some shade

Mmm... root beer.

Cheese!


CS holding a toddler baby.

CS holding toddler baby's little sister.

Oh, there's a camera looking at me, better make a weird face!

The polar bear dog drinking spilled root beer.


The baby and toddler baby's toddler brother.
(In plain English, the third youngest child in that family)



Another round with the babies



 Little NJ is now a big brother

Kili playing Kubb
 Um- 15 years difference between these players, well no problem, Kili had it under control.

Sort of.

Good try!

Lets try that again.


 Hmm.. I think I only capture the strangest faces.

Eleanor and Rosie.


Not sure what the joke is.





 Just thought I would let you know that we all lost our shoes first thing. :D

Down in the basement for some real cooling off

Common game of what shall we do, which everyone must respond, "I don't know."

 Balloon twisting.

Hmm.. harder then you would think.

Ah- ha!

Fake it until you make it1

There we go.

Little NJ liked the balloons.

The smaller kids quickly gathered around for balloons.

Rosie noticed cameras aimed in her direction.

Are they gone yet?


 Ah Ha! She came out!

I'm thinking... I'm thinking...
 
 MJ, Poppy, and and MJ's baby sister MJ

I went upstairs before most of the others, suddenly a swarm of people came upstairs

in magnificent hats!


WOW!




Even Mr. S was wearing one.

 Marigold!

Eleanor!




Funny hat group picture


 Funny hat silly face picture!

Aren't we so weird?

Kubb in funny hats style

My team!


Capture the flag in the rain

It was really pouring.

 JAIL!

Guards!

Run!





NJ wanted to play.


Someone is sneaking through enemy lines.



Invisible line.

Bonfire.

I didn't take any more pictures because my camera was running dead. But we had fireworks took.

And so ends my fourth of July party post!

~E

6 comments:

  1. Nice pics :) Celebrating the 4th is always a blast!

    God bless,

    Emma // Gloria-In-Excelsis-Deo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. You are right.
      God Bless You

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I just saw this new blog now!!! :O I guess I'm behind the times! :D

    I loved looking through all these pictures! They were great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't actually tell anyone about it since I was mostly experimenting to see if it would work.
      I'm glad you liked them.

      Delete
    2. Well, I like everything about this blog! I think this is a great idea!

      Oh, and by the way, I love the LOTR feel/theme to this blog!! :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Anna.
      That's good and thank you again. One can't go wrong with LOTRs :D

      Delete

Please leave your swords and bows at the door, then come in and talk. All are welcome, except of course for the servants of Sauron. They will be asked to leave under pain of death.