Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Sursum Corda

+JMJ+

The Institute of Christ the King has a wonderful young adult group called Sursum Corda. (Lift Up Your Hearts). Recently I experienced it for the second time and found it just as uplifting as the first time. Both spiritually and socially. I'm not a very social person, so it's a big deal to me when I worked up enough courage to introduce myself and start a conversation with a stranger. Okay, maybe not exactly strangers. These were mostly all people I had seen last year.

Unfortunately I didn't get much pictures and they were mostly scenery, hardly any people. Next time I'll have more people in my pictures. :D My brother did a post on Sursum Corda on his blog. Sam's blog and Avila over at Gloria in Excelsis Deo did one too. Here. Probably Sam's girlfriend will do one too. But she hasn't posted it yet.

University of Our Lady of the Lake also known as Mundelein Seminary is a very beautiful place.


This is the front door to the dormitory/lodging building.



This is the main door to the conference building. We had many wonderful talks, a talent show, a dance and a reverse charade tournament in this building.


The Main chapel, which we didn't end up getting to use unfortunately.

Heading down to the lake.

Trees on the way.

Beautiful flowers, no weeds.



Almost there.

I stood on this bench to take the next picture.

Gorgeous!



I came down here at least twice a day. It's so wonderful and peaceful.




I don't quite remember, but I think this was an early morning sun picture. I don't think it was the setting sun, but I could be mistaken. I took a lot of pictures.





The bridge my friend Avila calls the Rivendell bridge. :D





I thought this picture was neat.

Rivendell bridge

View leading back up to the buildings.


The right side of the pier.

This picture reminds me of the "Last of the Mahicans" movie.

These gazebo thingies remind me of "The Sound of Music."

"I am sixteen going on seventeen-"

or

"As you stand there, loving me-"





I think this is a boathouse.

 This is the left hand pier.



On Saturday we had a Rosery walk to Marytown and the Kolbe Shrine. There was an awesome Nun doll collection in the basement.



The pictures don't do justice to the awesomeness of it.

This year they had a St. Bernadette doll with the Nun dolls. Since she's my Baptismal Saint I just had to take her picture.

There was this painting on the wall in the hallway of the dormitory only a door down from my bedroom. It reminded me strongly of Fr. Z.

 Avila playing the piano. Her blog

Ah, found the setting for getting rid of the orangish light.

 A friend (whom I shall call) Maryanne taking a picture, while I take a picture of her.

Frodo doing whatever Frodo's do best.

 Sam and his girlfriend her blog at the piano. Maryanne's twin brother watching.

She's a good piano player.

 More sunrise pictures.


 This time I went up to the center gazebo and took pictures from above.






Galadriel.

We had many amazing talks. Some of the subjects were Penance, Transfiguration and Vocations.

 Last morning I saw a baby fawn walking around on the grounds near the parking lot and tried to capture it on camera.



Still can't see it. I saw it's mama too.

There was eight of us coming from my area. Seven of us go to the same Church.


Samwise and his girlfriend, Stella, Galadriel, Avila, Maryanne, her twin brother, me and Frodo.

It was a wonderful experience.

God Bless You All,
The Shield-Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your swords and bows at the door, then come in and talk. All are welcome, except of course for the servants of Sauron. They will be asked to leave under pain of death.